Position Title Network Systems and Communications Administrator
Location Minnetonka, MN
Primary Purpose: This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining enterprise applications and systems and proactively assisting in developing and implementing network communications based solutions. Examples of these solutions may include enterprise content management, client-facing portals, custom business process workflows, and business intelligence dashboards - utilizing tools such as Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Exchange.
• Manage and assist in the development and support of companywide processes including the integration of network communication and collaboration software
• Will be actively involved in the research, development and testing of communication systems such as Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (administration and design), Microsoft Lync Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, with some emphasis on Microsoft Project Server.
• Will perform system and network administration tasks as necessary and when necessary
• Monitor system processes to ensure performance levels are running efficiently reducing downtime
• Create accurate and detailed reports and support documentation
• Documents and describes system problems and resolutions for future reference
• Work in close alliance with all departments and end users to provide service excellence
• Participate in planning and debriefing meetings
• Work closely with IT Manager and IT staff in presenting a work environment conducive to success
• Participate in rotating on-call schedule with other members of the IT Services department as and when required
• Assist or perform with special projects or assignments as directed by the IT Manager
• Degree in information technology or related field. Proven experience or expertise may be used in place of an IT degree
• This role requires a minimum of three 3-5 years’ experience within an enterprise environment using Active Directory based domains
• You must possess at least a current MCP or related Microsoft certification within Windows Server and Windows operating and/or networking systems. MCSA or higher preferred
• CompTIA A+, Net+, or Cisco certification considered a plus
• Familiar with configuring routing protocols, switching, and endpoint protection including Firewalls and VPN connectivity and remote access
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible work ethic with a desire to work as a valued team member
1. Degree in information technology or related field.
2. 3 + years’ experience within an enterprise environment using Active Directory based domains.
3. Current MCP or related Microsoft certification within Windows Server and Windows operating and/or networking systems. MCSA or higher preferred.
4. CompTIA A+, Net+, or Cisco certification considered a plus.