Very competitive salary!
Full relo package!
Apply now and we'll be in touch with more details, salary info and set up interview!
Under general supervision, administer and implement Environmental Protection (EP) programs in assigned Market Area(s). Serves as Market Area EP contact and assists field operations personnel and management with technical guidance on EP topics and regulatory environments. Monitor and investigate compliance status providing training and specific recommendations to site, district and MA management and operations personnel. This position may be required to lead EP team professionals in some Groups and/or Market Areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates and implements the Corporate EP program policies and strategies within assigned Market Area(s). Serves as Market Area EP contact regarding incident notifications, environmental issues, permit applications and expansion projects over the broad media water, air and waste regulatory frameworks.
- Identifies local, state and federal regulatory impacts to operations. Provides compliance enforcement support to operating facilities by investigating and assessing the regulatory findings and analysis and prepares related documents. Coordinates with site/MA staff on action plan resolution and regulatory agency negotiations.
- Plans, organizes and secures related environmental permits and other regulatory approvals. Prepares related documentation.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, recording and overseeing field EP testing, investigations, assessments and guidance. Additionally responsible for related activities involving management of petroleum products, leachate, landfill gas, sanitary and industrial wastewaters, stormwater and groundwater related to the collection, transportation and/or disposal of wastes.
- Provides budget guidance regarding addressing EP Market Area or site projects.
- Provides technical and project direction to outside consultants, site and Market Area staff on EP program implementation, improvement and maintenance and in the resolution of any current or potential environmental issues.
- Administer customer waste approvals.
- Prepares and delivers EP training and education to facility and Market Area staff.
- Maintain EP data tracking system databases (Cycle, Dakota Tracer) and provides company related reporting.
Some Supervisory responsibility may be required of EP Managers I and EP Specialists. When required to manage or supervise, duties may include providing recommendations on such matters as evaluating employee performance, promotions, salary increases, training, coaching & counseling, assigning work activities, discharging and hiring employees, granting time off, disciplinary action and handling employee grievances.
Final decisions related to employee management are at the discretion of the Group EP Director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- B.S. with at least 7 years of environmental protection related experience.
- Preferred: M.S. with at least 7 years of environmental protection related or landfill-related experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Requires knowledge of regulatory environment as it applies to environmental protection and compliance.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- MS Office familiarity, general computer acumen and ability to learn to utilize other job-related technical software. Familiarity with statistical methods. Research skills. A working knowledge of the company's operations and business hierarchy.