||Support all Automotive procurement activities in the US through careful negotiation of all prices to ensure we get the best value on all purchases, and find efficiencies in the daily work load to ensure that the position becomes more strategic rather than tactical.
• Managing a dedicated product portfolio on a local level.
• Implementing Procurement strategies in close cooperation with Material Group Managers and team members on a local level.
• Facilitates the improvement of quality and processes on a local level.
• Identification of local saving opportunities and initiation of respective projects.
• Quarterly tracking and reporting of progress and successes.
• Potential Team member in a Sika global Material group.
• Identifying local saving opportunities.
• Measuring KPI’s according to existing templates.
• Tracking of the achieved results.
• Identifying and removing potential barriers to success.
• Supporting the Sika material groups to develop formal project strate-gies which are in alignment with the overall Sika Procurement strat-egy.
• Initiating and supporting the RFx processes locally.
• Providing and maintaining the relevant data for global/regional re-ports.
• Take ownership to achieve individual targets in alignment with the Sika mate-rial group management process.
• Align internal decision makers through focused communication.
• Ensures local requirements are conveyed to regional, global material group team mem-bers to be incorporated into the overall Material Group strategy.
• Oversees the operational and tactical Procurement of goods and services categories in accordance with Sika policies, procedures and specifications.
• Negotiates in close coordination with the global Material groups local volumes, processes, quality levels and prices.
• Approves local purchase orders for supplies, equipment and services within authorized signature limits.
• Assumes compliances and ethical standards with applicable laws, policies and codes of business content.
• Improves local Procurement systems to enhance efficiency, compliance and processes.
• Implements a local Procurement strategy based on Sika’s overall Procurement strategy.
• Back up to local procurement team.
• Participate in local teams as assigned by the VP of Operations.
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Purchasing or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum Experience: 5-7 years working as a buyer/purchaser for an automotive OEM or supplier.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written communication).
• Strong ability to work as part of a global or intercultural team.
• Demonstrated broad understanding of Procurement processes.
• Good knowledge about Procurement processes in ERP systems, especially SAP.
• Strong focus on strategic and innovation aspects.