Manages engineering activities associated with multiple capital, generation interconnect, transmission interconnect, and load addition projects with a moderate level of direction and oversight from management. Primary interface between engineering disciplines and lead technical contact for all project delivery organizations (i.e. project management, delivery assurance, operations, etc.). Develops project delivery schedules for all engineering activities required to successfully deliver complete high quality technical design solutions. Responsible to ensure all equipment and material supplied for a project are requisitioned on schedule, meet specifications and are appropriate for the installation.
- Manage engineering activities associated with multiple capital, generation interconnect, transmission interconnect, and load addition projects.
- Manage and oversee delivery of all applicable engineering disciplines required to deliver a complete high quality technical design solutions.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate all engineering activities, inter-discipline handoffs, and construction support for assigned projects. Ensure all required technical scopes for a project have been completed and reviewed by the project scope review and advisory team (PSRAT).
- Coordinate detailed scoping activities, project planning, and site visits with operations to ensure standards, operational issues, and safety concerns are addressed in a project’s final detail design solution.
- Develop project schedules for all engineering activities required to deliver complete high quality technical design solutions.
- May act as lead in the development of construction sequence plans for major or complex projects.
- Review vendor deliverables to ensure compliance to specifications and safety standards when required.
- Coordinate and submit all project related technical data required to support the Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) model modifications.
- Ensure technical solutions adhere to all state, local, and federal compliance and reliability requirements.
- Control project scope, cost, schedule, and risk associated with engineering activities required to deliver assigned projects within approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manage all internal and external technical team members throughout the project including team meetings, status updates, action items and issue resolutions.
- Must ensure project scopes, engineering team responsibilities, milestone dates, and procurement strategy are clearly defined and stated for all assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related utility engineering field.
- Five years related professional experience in engineering or engineering project delivery
- Experience in electric utility design and/or construction.
- Travel is required to support various engineering and construction activities.
- Proficient in project scheduling, tracking, reporting.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in managing vendors and contractors regarding work scope to ensure that all contract commitments are completed on time per applicable specifications.
- Demonstrated business management skills including consulting skills, customer service, and judgement.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate team efforts, provide guidance and direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze information, form conclusions and provide meaningful and creative solutions to non-typical business issues.
- Demonstrated skill in motivating and influencing others as well as skills and experience in team building and conflict management.
- Proficient in the use and application of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC).
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Schedule or another project scheduling tool.
- Master’s in Business Administration or advanced engineering degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Professional Engineer License
- Understanding of environmental regulations, National Environmental Protection Act, environmental impact statement, environmental assessment, State Historical Preservation Office, Army Corp of Engineers, etc.
- Knowledge of the company’s business, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Working knowledge of SAP in cost and material tracking.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!