We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Responsible for performing complex and/or specialized patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician, Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate care.
- Closely monitors patient safety at all times (i.e. does not leave patient on an exam table unattended) and participates in fall prevention program.
- Complies with sharps safety program at all times (i.e. only using devices with safety features and employing safe work practices).
- Directs patient to proper exam/treatment area and prepares patient for examinations and other procedures.
- Obtains, records and reports vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure and pain evaluation), height, weight and any other pertinent patient information to the RN, LVN or clinician.
- Administers medication within the scope of practice of a Medical Assistant, LLT.
- Instructs patient on procedural preparation under the supervision of clinician.
- Performs various patient tests and procedures within the scope of practice of a Medical Assistant, LLT.
- Collects, labels and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations.
- Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas and medical equipment.
- Maintains logs and other records of medical procedures.
- Assist in the transportation of patient and patient flow.
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies.
- Performs clerical duties such as obtaining telephone messages and returning patient calls under the supervision of clinician.
- Selects appropriate MAS to allow minimal radiation exposure and positions patients for obtaining undistorted radiographs that demonstrates the area of interest.
- Maintains and wears current radiation exposure badge at all times, knows all applicable equipment, and maintains high standards of radiation safety.
- Adheres to Standard Precautions at all times.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Assists with beginning and end of day controlled substance count and document with licensed teammate upon completion of controlled substance count training.
- May administer controlled substances upon completion of controlled substance training.
- Frequently monitors overdue orders and follows approved process to address the orders.
- Assists with Meaningful Use (MU) initiative by encouraging patients to sign up for Follow My Health (FMH), obtaining patient’s email addresses, updating smoking status, and other initiatives.
- Assists clinicians with medication reconciliation per guidelines.
- Uses approved standing orders to perform, order test and update referrals.
- Assists with entering referrals in electronic health records EHR for clinician to authorize.
- Enters medical billing charges for services rendered in EHR.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Attends in all mandatory Clinical Teammate Orientation (CTO) (both instructor led and online courses), Annual Clinical Updates, and Skills validation including those that could be held after working hours including the weekend.
- Ensures all Patient Intervention Reports (PIR) have been reviewed and actions taken.
- 1 or 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Current California limited X-ray permit.
- Phlebotomy certificate.
- Basic Life Support for Providers by American Heart Association (AHA)- (100% online certification is not acceptable).
- Over 1 year and up to and including 3 years experience.
- Previous Medical Assistant, LLT experience.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!