We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Technical leadership for the manufacturing of launch vehicle composite structures. Work closely with program office, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering and manufacturing personnel to solve production issues in hand layup, automated fiber placement, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI and final inspection processes. Act as a technical liaison with the customer for design and specification changes. Support and lead proposals. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering and 15+ years of applicable experience. Preference given to candidates with experience in aerospace manufacturing environment. Position may be filled at a lower level.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience in working with complex aerospace specifications and requirements
- Proficient in leading technical interchange/communications with external customers, both in the design and manufacturing environments
- High competence in presenting technical analysis and manufacturing capability in customer design reviews
- Ability to lead discussion and ensue collaboration in a complex cross-functional team: designers, quality and production teams
- Strong change control disciplines
- Experience using CAD software, as a design tool and as method of a communicating complex component and assembly designs and processes
- Experience working with Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/A)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processing capability (eliminating sources of variation, statistical analysis, SPC, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills; Functional knowledge in root cause / corrective action processes and techniques (8D, Kepner Tregoe, etc.)
- Functional knowledge in Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (D/PFMEA)
- Composites knowledge. Hand layup, fiber/tape placement, bonding, cure, machining, and NDI experience required.
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership, team building, and mentoring skills
- Coordinate technical assignments for project engineers
- Assist in the management of technical aspects of multi-disciplined programs
- Project planning and organization
- Budget accountability
- Schedule adherence accountability
- Proposal preparation accountability
- Configuration Control Board
- Project technical approach and owner of technical issues
- Technical lead on the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Coordinate and distribute work assignments for assigned projects
- Generate, analyze and guide estimates from a technical aspect, in support of company goals
- Review product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!