We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
The Audio-Visual Product Engineer is responsible for identifying, validating, developing, testing, and supporting new products for the Audio-Visual product lines. The Product Engineer will work closely with vendors, the in-house R&D department, product management group, sales engineering, and marketing teams worldwide to drive new product development and overall profitability.
Primarily Roles & Responsibilities
- Defines and executes required engineering, design, and production validation testing (EVT, DVT, and PVT) and supports release activities throughout the launch process.
- Responsible for interpreting required safety and regulatory certification requirements and collaborating with product development and/or vendor technical teams to ensure required features/functionality is implemented along with review/approval of certification agency reports.
- Prepares and delivers technical training to the organization supporting both technical and sales functions including pre-sales engineering and post-sales technical support.
- Stay current with technologies and trends and incorporate this knowledge into products and solutions to solve customer problems.
- Does competitive product analysis and testing; communicates competitive intelligence on features, value propositions, pricing to product managers.
- Assists with creating product data sheets, brochures, application notes, use case diagrams, videos, and technical blogs.
- Completes systems integration testing with other product lines and third party equipment.
- Contribute to product planning and regular market technology review.
- Acts as project manager for select subcontractors / manufacturing partners during development projects.
- Assists with assessing customer contract quality requirements and the organization's capability to comply with requirements and ensuring that these requirements are flowed down to departments, suppliers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Assists sales engineering and marketing with trade show product demo design, set-up, configuration and event presentations.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to organize priorities and document work/results
- Provide required technical support for escalated product issues and liaise with vendors/partners as required to resolve
- Demonstrated experience in computer networking, signal switching, and visualization technologies such as video processors, video distribution, digital signage and switches.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills with diverse stakeholders
- Must be results driven and exhibit a high level of initiative, good business acumen, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to read, interpret & generate product drawings and specifications
- Possess both commercial and technical aptitude toward qualifying and validating products & processes
- Solid teamwork traits and the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience with new product introduction project management process and techniques
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- A genuine interest in advanced technology and an on-going desire to learn
- Travel is required, up to 10%, primarily in North America with occasional international travel
- 3-5 years of experience as a product engineer working with product managers and doing product validation and testing.
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Computer Science; experience within this industry may be substituted for candidates with an Associate’s degree
- CTS Certification Preferred
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!