We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
- Handles coverage matters of moderate to high complexity and/or financial consequence. Provides legal support to Suits Against the Exchanges (SAE).
- Develops networks and relationships with LOBs across the organization and works with Claims management to provide expert legal advice on risk exposure, policy interpretation, claims strategy, and claims handling protocols.
- Renders advice to, and consults with, non-Claims departments including Underwriting, Compliance, Corporate Legal, and Customer Relations.
- Participates and provides support and legal assistance for the policy drafting committees regarding new policies, endorsements and modifications.
- Works with Farmers University and the LOBs to develop and deliver training and presentations.
- Participates in roundtable meetings with Claims management and team members.
- Experience in third-party coverage, specifically in personal lines Auto and/or Homeowners, is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze complex insurance contracts in all policy forms, including but not limited to CGL, BOP, BAP, CAP, D&O, Property, Workers’ Compensation, Professional E&O, Inland Marine, Truckers, Umbrella and all Personal Lines policies.
- Conduct extensive and detailed research on how the laws of all fifty states affect the construction and interpretation of those policies.
- Apply policy terms to non-routine, complex claims that can involve multiple parties, multi-million dollar exposures, novel issues and ambiguous or non-existent legal precedent.
- Identify and protect against claims of bad faith with the potential to expose the company to multi-million dollar extra-contractual and punitive damage awards.
- Provide comprehensive written opinions and strategic guidance to business leaders and senior executives.
- Collaborates with and conducts peer reviews of colleagues work products to ensure quality and consistency.
- Work with senior management to address customer complaints.
- Partner with the LOBs to develop litigation strategy.
- Attend and participate in roundtable meetings with Claims executives on matters involving high complexity and/or financial exposure.
- Develop relationships and network with clients and business partners.
- Collaborate with, and monitor the work of, outside counsel to ensure quality and consistency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Four year college degree and law school degree (J.D.) from an ABA or SBA accredited law school as well as member in good standing of a State Bar.
- Minimum of four years (eight years preferred) as an attorney handling matters involving insurance policies, coverage disputes and litigation.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communications skills.
- Highly collaborative working style with demonstrated commitments to meeting individual and team goals.
- Strong customer service skills, the ability to collaborate with internal clients and panel counsel to identify and implement solutions to complex business and legal challenges.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 25 lbs. maximum, bending, talking, hearing, driving, seeing, speaking and traveling.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!