The specific applications include Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM); specifically Process Execution, Product Development, an Item Costing. In addition, this position will be the integration specialist between various other systems related to Order to Cash such as shop floor execution systems, customer EDI, third party logistics partners; working closely with ITAS Integration Services.
The OPM solution is crucial to the success of Oracle ASCP CTP, reporting cost of goods sold, and profitability.
Activities and Key Challenges:
Work independently or as part of a team to develop, implement, evaluate, procure, and support information technology solutions that meet the needs of the business and add the most value
This is to be accomplished by utilizing disciplined methods of investigation, analysis, design, planning, and scheduling.
Establish and maintain a high level of business interaction to identify and recommend information systems and business solutions to effectively and efficiently satisfy the data processing and information requirements of the business.
Establish a high-quality level of support through third party resources for implemented solutions.
Provide advice and consultation to the business customers of the systems and technologies, and to other ITAS resources.
Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business processes and technologies.
Participate in, and perform the analysis of the business customer's processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
Ensure the project management methodology processes are followed.
Operate within Alcoa ITAS strategy, standards, procedures, and conventions. Such as general technical, functional and process documentation of the solutions and change control practices and documentation.
Develop and periodically review and approve test plans for developed solutions as well as Oracle provided patches.
Identify, establish and support value-added cross-functional data and system linkages.
Ensure compliance with all guidelines detailed in the ITAS ASAT (with a specific focus on business partnerships, change control, disaster recovery, and security) for assigned area of responsibility.
Manage an off-shore model that provides development and support.
Pursue continuous learning consistent with the movement in job requirements, changes in technology, organization, and company.
In addition to individual priorities, manage multiple system services or multiple larger projects including project estimates, status communications, and schedules.
Monitor the plans including periodic review with those managing the day-to-day activities
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or four year degree with systems analysis and design, programming, software development life cycle, relational database design
- 4 to 6 years Oracle E-Business Suite Process Manufacturing
- Experience with integration Oracle E-Business Suite using standard API's
- Experience integrating with third party systems using sound integration methods
- Ability to write Oracle PL/SQL, Linux Shell Scripts, efficient and correct SQL
- Strong written, oral communication and listening skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to identify and resolve issues
- Language: English required, French & Spanish is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio?