Flexible work hours allow our team members to balance their work and personal life, while having the opportunity to advance through our training, tuition reimbursement, and apprenticeship programs.
Our team members’ receive top pay and exceptional benefits, which include: health insurance, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance, paid time off, and company provided uniforms. In addition, we invest in our team members’ retirement plan, including a company match.
The Purchasing Agent develops and manages vendor relationships, administers ordering requirements for all aspects of the manufacturing process, maintains purchased inventory levels, monitors deliveries dates and quality of deliveries, and performs various administrative duties. Works as part of a team to ensure customer needs are met and division goals achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Procures manufacturing raw materials, equipment and machinery parts.
· Locates sources, solicits quotations, evaluates price, delivery, quality and negotiates prices.
· Documents Purchasing decisions, and issues purchase requisitions.
· Ordering supplies for any aspect of the manufacturing process
· Maintains inventory and purchases according to the governance plan
· Conducts supplier approval activities including qualification, audits, and on-site visits
· Maintains the Oshkosh Approved Supplier List, participates in the report out to management, and assists in any action items.
· Approves and processes vendor invoices for payment
· Incorporates customer requirements into purchasing requirements
· Tracks and reports key performance measures for purchasing department
· Collects and analyzes nonconforming costs to trend issues affecting the supply chain
· Participates on continuous improvement projects utilizing Lean methodologies
· Assist Material Review Board, facilitate root cause analysis, and trending of key issues affecting the supply chain
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge on Purchasing, products, and related topics
· Trains other personnel in purchasing related activities.
· Assists in other divisional purchasing activities as requested
· Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree in purchasing, engineering, quality, or business related study with 3 years experience required; or HS diploma / GED with 5 years’ experience in purchasing in manufacturing setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Lean manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience applying Purchasing tools in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Tool such as:
- Purchasing Theories
- Inventory Flows and/or Analysis
- Metallurgical training, understanding, or experience would be beneficial