*** This person will serve as a PX on multiple industrial/manufacturing projects and will require up to 50% travel out of the Atlanta office. This role is a Vice President level position.***
Key Role Responsibilities
GROUP MANAGEMENT FAMILY
- Safety: Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Corporate Leadership: Assists senior management with strategy development; develops and supports company-wide initiatives, best practices and policies within the work program.
- Strategy Development: Provides strategic direction to team members in light of broader work program strategic plans across all areas of the project lifecycle.
- Client Relationship: Serves as the primary client relationship executive at a leadership level, exhibiting a deep knowledge and understanding of the client. Builds and maintains long-term relationships with new and existing target clients to build new business opportunities and cultivate repeat wins.
- Business Development: Creates the complete business development strategy to increase work program growth that is aligned with organizational goals and KSIs by identifying opportunities for new business development. Leverages broad knowledge of client relationships, staff availability and overall market strategy to inform lead/deal qualification, RFP response and ultimately, win strategy. Evaluates the competitive environment of the work program, including competitor strengths, vulnerabilities and market fee levels, in order to develop a successful market and business development strategy. Participates in the sales process, presentations and key marketing activities. Develops strategies to secure maximum margin and revenue. Leads contract review and negotiation to obtain preferred terms and conditions, mitigate risk and secure maximum margin and revenue.
- Risk Management: Serves as escalation point for all project, financial, business development, contractual and client relationship risks for the work program relative to contractual obligations. Resolves escalated project, staffing, financial, schedule, contractual, subcontractor and client relationship issues throughout project lifecycle. Negotiates issue resolution including change orders, contingency expenditures and appropriate fee enhancements. Conducts project risk assessments and escalates various risks to supervisor to provide visibility, mitigate risk and create appropriate solutions.
- Subcontractor Strategy: Builds close relationships with the subcontractor community to develop long-term partners. Drives the selection process of qualified subcontractors to achieve targeted project results. Develops and executes overall subcontractor strategy for work program success.
- Preconstruction: Participates in preconstruction discussions with clients at a leadership level. Leads internal team and collaborates with external partners to develop contractual obligations, such as estimates, schedules, staffing plan and business plan.
- Project Schedule: Oversees and assesses all components of project review throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure contractual obligations are met and to hold team members accountable to all expectations.
- Resource Management: Ensures staffing levels are sufficient, relative to contractual commitments, schedules, and constraints. Plans and adapts resource management as needed to ensure proper staffing levels and results.
- Community & Industry: Assumes an influential leadership role in community and industry relationship building through networking, representing the organization on boards and serving as the face of the organization to help promote the interests of the company.
- Diversity: Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within Company. Understands our policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities -
- Concept to completion preconstruction responsibilities to include business development, marketing support, client presentations, technical proposal assembly, conceptual to final design estimating.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project.
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software such as CMiC (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Advanced).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability, and generate future work (Advanced).
- Ability to complete estimating and productivity analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of successful completion of projects from start to finish (Advanced).
- Thorough knowledge of MBE (Minority Business Enterprise), WBE (Women Owned Business Enterprise), and SBA (Small Business Administration) regulations.
- Thorough knowledge and application of corporate risk management policies.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Establish and build alliances with major design and engineering firms to deliver turnkey industrial projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 10+ years construction management experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Large Project/ program experience ranging from 50M-200M in any of the following market sectors: Automotive, Aerospace, Metals, Plastics, Consumer Goods, Paper, Food & Beverage, Cold Storage and Standard Warehouse (Required).
- Design-Build, EPC, IPD project experience (Preferred).
- Experience in greenfield construction, process industrial plant projects, and heavy industry market (Preferred).
- Self perform work strategy and execution experience (Preferred).
- Direct relationships and experience working with Fortune 500 manufacuturing companies (Preferred).
- Demonstrated success in simultaneously leading multiple large or complex projects and/or multiple teams.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!