The System Design & Architecture Directorate
is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Company Missiles & Defense (RMD)
. The more than 2,100 employees provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. The team welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
The Engineer will be responsible for the definition of radar system architectures, the development of concepts of operations for the radar system, the design of radar processing algorithms, and the development and decomposition of system, hardware and software requirements. Opportunities also exist to perform statistical analysis of the radar system performance using real and/or simulated data. Work is performed in a dynamic and collaborative development environment in support of multiple research and development efforts, working with internal and external customers across related product lines. Focus areas for these radar systems include:
- Algorithm Development
- Signal Processing and Waveform Design
- Electronic Protection Methods
- Phased Array and Digital Beamforming Technology
- Radar Search, Track and Discrimination Design
- Statistical and Numerical Analysis of Radar Performance Data
- Target and Threat Modeling
- Integration and test of large systems
- Model Based System Engineering Development
- 8(+) years of experience with signal and/or image processing systems
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Experience developing digital signal processing algorithms and techniques for interference suppression, target detection, imaging and tracking
- Experience with digital beamforming, adaptive cancellation techniques, clutter filtering and Doppler processing, ambiguity resolution, maximum likelihood estimation, CFAR processing
- Ability to relate bandwidth, resolution, and sampling rates in multiple domains
- Experience with linear systems, Fourier Transforms, digital filtering and spectral analysis
- Experience in writing and evaluating requirements for digital signal processing functionality
- Ability to perform statistical modeling of radar signals and analyze detection and track performance
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with advanced processing algorithms for clutter and jamming suppression
- Experience with radar waveform design and parameter estimation
- Familiarity with FPGA design
- Familiarity with Phase Array Antennas and Digital Beamforming architectures and techniques
- Familiarity with target discrimination, classification and identification techniques
- Ability to design and analyze multi-target track filtering algorithms
- Experience with systems integration, simulation and qualification testing
- Experience with RF Systems Engineering including knowledge of RF performance analysis
- Familiarity with the Navy, Air Force and Army Customers
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Experienced with completing designs on schedule and within budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!