At Company, design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products. Under the general direction of the Electronics Group Lead, support digital and analog electronics design and failure analysis. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement and navigation. Major activities include electronics design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and associated design and synthesis tools.
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to FPGA specifications.
- Architect solutions targeting FPGAs against requirements and implement those solutions an FPGA platforms.
- Map FPGA simulation work products to system-level requirements and capabilities.
- Refine and enforce consistent firmware development processes across FPGA designs.
- Ensure the FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- Design Low/Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Perform CCA Design specifying Mixed Signal Technology circuits consisting of A/D, D/A, Processors, I/O communication and Programmable Logic (FPGA, CPLD) circuits.
- Provide system test and evaluation support including input to test plans and procedures.
- Develop the procedures necessary to evaluate design activities and ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards, and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with development of FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- U.S. citizen and Active Secret security clearance required.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Thorough understanding of version control best practices and tools (subversion, git, etc) to closely track changes to the FPGA baseline.
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Experience with complex block and top level simulations of FPGA designs requiring high level transaction-based models.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!