Duties are those performed at the top non-supervisory level of the claims’ adjuster class.
Responsible for investigating, evaluating, reserving, negotiating and settling of first-party higher value and more complex property related claims. Evaluates property-related damage estimates. Requires management of independent adjusters, and experts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews, telephones or corresponds with insureds, evaluates higher value and more complex property damage estimates and/or inspects property damage to determine extent of company’s liability.
- Identifies different insurance contracts and endorsements and refers to specific policy contracts for interpretation of coverages in claims' situations.
- Investigates claims which requires documentation of files, writes damage estimates, and obtains signed and/or recorded statements from insureds, witnesses, and other individuals, as needed.
- Evaluates first-party property damage estimates by using the claims-related damage estimating software, utilizing field and/or independent appraisers.
- Determines value and recommends appropriate reserve.
- Negotiates and settles first-party property claims with insureds, claimants and other insurance companies.
- Minimizes expenses, and promotes excellent customer service, by collaborating closely with independent adjusters, engineers, attorneys, cause and origin experts, and other experts, as needed.
- Obtains appropriate documentation/information to support the amount of reserve.
- Prepares cases and represents the company’s position at mediation and arbitration hearing.
- Investigates and prepares files for Subrogation.
- Communicates verbally and through written reports, memoranda with insureds, claimants, attorneys, state and local police, fire departments, adjusters, other companies or contractors, insurance agents, and other individuals, as needed.
- Directs and manages adjusters, investigators, attorneys, cause and origin experts, engineers, and other individuals, who have independent assignments or, as needed.
- Assists adjusters with the claims’ evaluation process.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with independent adjusting firms, agents, independent attorneys and other similar firms, as necessary, which may include travel, visitation and attendance at various conventions/meetings. (May include overnight stays.)
- Travels as required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and to fulfill educational requirements. (May include overnight stays.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and 6-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possesses or acquires, within a reasonable period of time as established by the Company, the required adjuster’s license(s) for the geographical territory assigned by the Company. The Company may require the employee to acquire, within a reasonable period of time as established by the Company, adjuster’s licenses for other states in which the Company does business.
The Company may expect the employee to acquire the Associate in Insurance Claims (AIC) designation sponsored by the Insurance Institute of America.
The Company may expect the employee to take other courses it deems appropriate to the employee's duties and responsibilities.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!