Company is looking for a self-starting, team-oriented Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic development team in supporting a Government customer. The team is building a large-scale enterprise application using web technologies, distributed computation and storage frameworks, and sophisticated, cutting-edge domain analytics, with the system hosted on virtualized and cloud-computing platforms. The engineer will have the ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as engage with a team to achieve overall project objectives.
The Senior Software Engineer participates in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure. The Senior Software Engineer will execute full lifecycle agile workflow including daily SCRUMs, story grooming and bidding, and sprint execution. The Senior Software Engineer will develop software and extend the software baseline to implement new capabilities and to mature existing capabilities using key enabling technologies and frameworks. The Senior Software Engineer will help maintain the deployed system, diagnose and resolve issues, and provide support to end-users as needed. The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical and methodological guidance to the team, while helping steer the team to be self-reliant and highly effective at meeting project objectives.
The ideal engineer will have outstanding technical talent; have the desire to continuously learn and apply new skills and technologies; and be eager to take on hard problems and develop successful solutions to achieve the overall mission.
- B.S. degree Systems Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline and 9+ years of experience with Java development; OR a MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 7+ years of experience with Java development.
- Experience with Angular 4+ front-end web application platform and PrimeNG UI components or similar web framework.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance + CI Polygraph.
- Knowledge or familiarity with space Systems highly desired.
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Spring Boot framework.
- Experience developing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to work with other software developers to assist in developing and presenting technical information.
- Knowledge of software, Computer architectures, software architectures, object-oriented programs.
- Ability to work with an engaged customer to gather requirements and feedback.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Leading specific trade and root cause analysis studies that drive System development
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GovCloud.
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying software applications to operations.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!