We're seeking On the Job Training Instructors (OJI) to provide support to the IRS. The OJT program continues the training process by giving new agents the opportunity to learn by doing. During this part of training, new agents perform the duties and tasks of a special agent. Initially, the OJI will closely monitor the new agents planned and completed work using the Training Progress Records (TPR). The performance definitions in the TPR reflect the Critical Job Elements of the special agent position.
The OJI will be available to answer questions and provide assistance, guidance, and feedback. As the new agent’s progress on the job and gain experience, they will need less and less assistance and guidance from the OJI and they will reach the point of being able to work independently. The length of time it takes to reach this goal will vary with each agent's abilities, prior experience, and the effort each new agent puts into learning the job.
- Ensure investigative assignments and other OJT activities are commensurate with the new agents training and ability, and are assigned, as available, upon their return from formal training.
- Guide new agents and provide feedback as they acquire and demonstrate competencies required to perform the duties of a special agent during the OJY period.
- Observe and evaluate the new agent’s performance of each planned OJT activity and appraises the new agent of their strengths and weaknesses. Evaluation is a continuing process and will be repeated until the new agent completes the activity to satisfaction. The TPR will be used by the OJI to make comments and will be provided to the SSA on a quarterly basis.
- Keep the new agent informed of their overall progress in the OJT program and encourage them to perform well.
- Provide support and encouragement to the new agent in all phases of their training.
- Serve as a mentor and provide a continuous source of information and assistance to the new agent to ensure success in the OJT program and throughout their career.
- Regularly advise the supervisory special agent of the new agent’s accomplishments and progress in meeting the objectives of the OJT program.
- Complete the evaluation of the OJT program questionnaire after the new agent has completed the program.
- Experience working active investigations with a strong understanding of tax cases and Title 26.
- Must be retired for at least 6 months.
- Former IRS-CI Special Agent retired at the GS-13 level of higher.
- High Risk Public Trust, willing to sponsor
- Drug Test
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!