The Senior Programmer Analyst leads the design, creation and support of application software executing. Interprets and translates functional specifications into efficient and effective code following departmental standards. Uses sound judgment in performing change control management, including synchronization of test and production environments. Performs code review using sound knowledge and judgment regarding IS principles and department specifications.
Documents file structures, programming constructs, installation and operating instruction and other technical features and project status of applications developed or installed by the department. Exhibits structured programming methodology in code. Uses standardized naming conventions. Ensures that production delays do not occur due to negligence or failure to following proper procedures.
The Clinical Interfaces team is a small team of 4 IT professionals. Clinical Interfaces builds and monitors the HL7 v2.x interfaces that are managed by the Cloverleaf Integration Services tool, which is referred to as Cloverleaf or Interface Engine. They also serve as the technical resource for the Interoperability team.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8 hour day shift, on call rotation, evening, night and weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years with increasingly responsible relevant programming/applications design experience that included leadership responsibilities.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a health care environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Business or related area preferred. Relevant Experience in excess of five (5) years or appropriate certifications may be substituted.
- Working understanding of HL7 and interface engines.
- Experience with AIX, VMS or Linux servers
- Experience with interface engines
- Cloverleaf Level 1 or above
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as tcl, perl, powershell
- Experience with Windows servers
- Experience with SQL or SQLite
- Experience with multiple clinical applications, such as General Electric Centricity Business, Cerner, Allscripts
- Project Management experience
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!