Provides direction of operations by departments focused on the achievement of satisfactory patient outcomes including overall responsibility for the coordination of care services provided by the hospital or within the continuum of care. Responsible for coordinating with the medical group and appropriate staff to ensure a seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Oversees the utilization management functions across the region in accordance to policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Directs, organizes, plans and coordinates the utilization/ resource management and social services process assuring that the organizational goals and objectives are met.
- Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the hospital to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services, and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies. Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission, NCQA, CMS, DHS, DPHS, and DMHC. Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness. Maintains oversight of the concurrent and retrospective inpatient reviews and appeal process.
- Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services. Evaluates processes and makes recommendations to improve resource management systems and patient care outcomes.
- Participates in Executive Team's strategic planning forums. Utilizes data to support quality patient outcomes and presents to Executive Team ongoing and reliable information about the treatment and patient flow throughout all levels of care and providing expertise in utilization management, regulatory compliance and coordination of care.
- Directs through managers all activities within the Resource Management department including Social Services. Responsible for efficient utilization of resources and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support and meet the organization's goals and business objectives. Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee, and department safety and risk management issues.
- Participates in region wide peer group and leadership activities to drive consistency of operations and performance improvement. Develops and manages systems and relationships with outside vendors; contract and quality oversight with external vendors.
- Develops budget and resource allocations for areas of responsibility. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements appropriate strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services. Focuses on prevention/intervention and identification if issues/problems prior to their impact on operations and patient care; recommends and develops new programs for specialized patient populations to improve quality and effect improved utilization of services. Monitors utilization indicators; identifies and escalates issues; and initiates and evaluates action plans for achieving the area's goals/targets.
- Utilizes Health Connect to evaluate the qulity of care provided and to manage the clinical operations and to monitor qulity, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation by staff. Maintains role specific Health Connce documentation by staff. Maintains role specific Health Connect competencies.
Point person for escalating complex patient placement cases to local/regional leadership and assure stakeholders are updated on continuum resources, afterhours processes, strategic partners, etc.
Document cases for case reviews and co-lead Care Without Delay educational sessions.
Coordinate patient cases between PCCs, MDs, ED staff, and SNF HUB
Work with Continuum Administrator and MD leaders to build/sustain relationships with vendor partners
Regular reports to Area Manager regarding outcome metrics
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in patient care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Bachelor's degree in health services, business administration, public health, nursing or related discipline required.
- Current California license required in any of the following clinical professions: Registered Nurse, Pharmacist, Clinical Social Worker, Physical Therapist, Occupational therapist, Speech Therapist or Dietitian.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Knox, Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and all other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Emergency or Critical Care clinical experience
Continuum and Utilization knowledge/management
Knowledge of Community Resources and Alternative Levels of Care
Proficiency in KPHC, Allscripts, and ability to learn new applications as needed
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!