Reports to the Central Sterile Processing Supervisor. Is responsible for the care, preparation, and maintenance of sterile and unsterile instruments, equipment, and supplies. Identifies, inspects and assembles instrumentation for use in a sterile procedure. Sterilizes instrumentation and completes quality control checks as required. Ensures proper inventory levels by filling requests according to established unit of measure.
MISSION & VISION
Mission: To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Vision: Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Education and Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are normally acquired through the successful completion of a high school diploma. A minimum of one year of central service processing experience is required. Completion of the certified central service tech program from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHCSMM) or other accredited central service or surgical technologist program resulting in certification must be attained within six months of hire. Must maintain certification status.
Knowledge & Skills
- Requires basic knowledge of and skills to prepare general and special surgical instrumentation for surgical procedures and knowledge of needs and steps in use of instrumentation, materials and supplies.
- Requires thorough knowledge of sterilization procedures, basic aseptic techniques and maintenance and care of surgical instrumentation and equipment.
- Requires a working knowledge of inventory structures, such as dispensing unit of measure and low unit of measure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills (i.e., Censitrac, Word, Excel and Windows applications).
- An understanding of database applications is desired.
- Requires basic knowledge of safety, departmental and hospital policies and emergency disaster procedures.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, supervisors, physicians and staff members of other departments.
- Demonstrates communication skills, both verbal and written, necessary to effectively complete forms and take messages in a legible and accurate manner.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!