- Create and maintain a safe work environment for all associates, enforcing all safety regulations
- Ensure that all associates understand and achieve the quality requirements of their job functions
- Ensure that all foundry procedures and processes maintain compliance with ISO and other certifying entities.
- Meet or exceed the pace requirements for all foundry processes
- Develop and implement activities that reduce foundry costs.
- Create an environment of mutual respect for all foundry associates
- Develop and maintain a culture of process discipline throughout all foundry operations
- Train foundry associates to achieve desired goals for Safety, Quality and Pace in all foundry processes.
- Foster the Big Ideas through respect for employees, customer focus, flow, waste elimination, and employee involvement
- Provide leadership in accordance to CIE-ME leadership approach (challenge the process, inspire a shared vision, enable others to act, model the way, encourage the heart)
- Lead team to world class manufacturing capability through the advancement of the Lean Keys
- Analyze and resolve work problems, drive problem-solving, and/or assist workers in solving issues.
- Understand and actively promote the Watts Performance System
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities to insure high levels of customer service, keeping in mind efficiency and costs.
- Coordinate with support groups such as maintenance, planning, engineering and quality control to achieve efficient utilization of labor, machines, and equipment
- Respond to associate concerns accordingly and work with subordinates and human resources to discuss and eliminate potential problems.
- Drive Tiered Daily Management efforts, monitor local metrics throughout the work shift and analyze summary data for trends and improvement opportunities
- Coach and mentor associates to increase capabilities and develop skills
- Insure the area help chain is functioning properly
- Develop and initiate plans to motivate workers to achieve required goals Oversee employee training efforts and drive cross training program to increase production flexibility
- Create, implement and update standard work documents.
- Audit for appropriate use of standard work.
- Work with engineering to develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate waste and improve product quality
- Manage staffing levels, work schedules, vacations, and overtime to meet customer delivery schedules while simultaneously meeting productivity objectives
- Ensure that required time and production data are recorded, archived and communicated.
- Manage associate responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for: interviewing, training and assimilating new associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing associate complaints and resolving issues
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years related experience or equivalent education and Foundry experience
- 5+ years’ Experience in Green Sand foundry technology and Hunter automatic molding systems
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operating system and experience utilizing Microsoft Office
- Strong supervisory, leadership and communication skills
- Experience with silicon brass casting, alloys chemistry, processing
- Sustain routine housekeeping to ensure area operates within parameters that conform to environmental and safety standards.
- Must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and abide by safety rules.
- Must report any job related injury and/or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
Manage a group of 20-40 foundry employees
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!