Translational Biology at Gossamer Bio is a fast-paced department with a culture that is both science-based and patient-focused. We pursue the most promising science with the objective of preventing and curing devastating diseases in the areas of immunology, inflammation and oncology. The Translational Biology group has a broad remit stretching from generating mechanistic insights in preclinical animal models to supporting the development of novel decision-making biomarkers for early phase clinical trials. We are hiring a highly motivated, interactive, and creative Principal Scientist (PhD. or MD.) to join our team. The ideal candidate would have a passion for science and medicine, and a track-record of progressing novel targets to clinical candidates. As a creative scientist and critical thinker, this leader should have a deep understanding of pharmacology with an emphasis on immunology, a track record of defining key experiments, and developing robust and relevant assays to rapidly progress programs while clearly defining go/no go decision points. The candidate will be expected to be both an individual contributor an effective manager who seamlessly collaborate with colleagues in Pharmacology/Biology, Chemistry, Translational Medicine and Clinical Development. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication and will present scientific results at governance and external forums.
- Part-time bench contributor while effectively managing and mentoring direct reports and other team members.
- Design and execute translational research plans that integrates both disease and pathway approaches
- Support the drug discovery process, from target identification and validation through development of drug candidates for clinical development.
- Independently develop and design novel experimental approaches at the forefront of modern biology in the field of immunology and immuno-oncology to support drug discovery and translation ideally for a diverse set of target classes and drug modalities
- Closely collaborate with the clinical Translational Medicine group. The successful candidate will extensively work on bridging Discovery and Development by assimilating both pre-clinical and clinical findings to rationally identify novel biomarkers, potential indications, and patient stratification strategies for our assets while at the same time supporting the discovery of novel medicines by reverse translating human clinical learnings
- Jointly leads discovery projects in close collaboration with key stakeholders in the Chemistry, DMPK, In vivo Pharmacology, Preclinical Development, Translational Medicine, Clinical and Regulatory Departments
- Have a network or the experience to procure patient samples that the successful candidate will use in the design of cutting edge experiments aiming to understand disease pathogenesis and the mechanism of action of our assets
- Experience working with, setting up, and/or managing academic collaborations in support of pipeline programs
- Apply the understanding of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, in vivo immune cell profiling, and integrate PK/PD/efficacy data to drive drug candidate optimization and clinical biomarker selection.
- Contribute to selection and management of bioinformatics databases and data analysis
- Excel in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment, in addition to having excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience & Education
- PhD degree in a Biology or a related relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 9 years of industrial experience
- Proven track-record of achievement, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals, authorship of patents, and internal and/or external scientific presentations.
- Proven ability to lead matrix teams, with demonstrated ability to influence team direction, manage conflict and resolve issues.
- Possess a high level of critical scientific thinking, high energy, independence, a strong desire to learn new areas, and the ability to work in a highly dynamic flexible team-oriented and transparent research organization.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!