Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Property Tax, candidate will perform property tax processes (data gathering, balance sheet to fixed asset reconciliation, return preparation, assessed value review, valuation appeals, tax bill payments, and audits) for company owned facilities. Candidate will ensure compliance with all mandatory filing statutes within states International Paper conducts business and ensure compliance with International Paper Financial Policies. Candidate will perform value added projects to achieve tax savings for the facilities through valuation appeals and the pursuit of tax abatement and incentive opportunities.
- Collection and analysis of company information needed for preparing property tax returns. This includes data from SAP, DigIt, BPC, and other internal and external sources.
- Review data gathered from finance teams to identify asset taxibility and obsolescence opportunities.
- Using PTMS compliance software, prepare and timely file assigned property tax returns to the proper assessing authorities.
- Review assessment notices for accuracy and valuation of real and personal property. Research tax issues and prepare valuation support including analysis of obsolescence. Negotiate informal assessment reductions and settlements.
- Post noticed values and calculate estimated tax liabilities.
- When required, evaluate appeal positions and make formal appeal recommendations to the Sr. Mgr. Property Tax.
- With Sr. Manager Assistance, prepare data and information for formal appeal presentations. When applicable, attend formal appeal level hearings.
- Support all questions from State and Local taxing jurisdictions related to return filing and billing requirements.
- Support inquiries from various internal business groups, outsourced consultants and outside compliance team.
- Coordinate and review work performed by outsourced consultants.
- Participate in the coordination of all external and internal tax related audits
- Review tax bills for accuracy and process for payment.
- Help train and mentor less experienced Property Tax staff members.
- Assist in other Tax Department areas or in other related departments as needed in special projects.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CMI in property tax is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Prior knowledge of property tax compliance software: PTMS, SAP fixed assets, project system, and financial accounting modules a plus.
- Prior appeal preparation, negotiation, and presentation at formal hearings required.
- 10+ years of property tax experience preferred.
- Tax incentive experience a plus.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!