Finds potential suppliers, negotiate prices and terms, and make agreements or contracts for purchases while obtaining the best price possible for goods that meet the quality standards and parameters of the organization. Strong analytical skills, creativity, ability to recognize future trends, commercial awareness, communication skills, confidence and presentation skills, ability to make decisions under pressure, and strong negotiation skills required.
- Manage purchasing activities up to 100 million dollars at local level for direct materials used in production and indirect purchases for plant operations with an emphasis on cost savings
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage Direct Materials Supply Chain – Determine purchasing strategy of contracts, supplier negotiations, pricing, resourcing, VAVE activities within budgetary limits
- Review RFQs and negotiate indirect purchases of equipment, tooling for resale, capital expense
- Prepare contracts and purchase orders and communication with suppliers
- Keep abreast of market conditions domestically and internationally
- Track purchasing KPIs and budget
- Maintain global purchasing systems; maintain own information and purchasing files
- Support Regional purchasing group / activities
- Support plant MRO activities
- Frequent communication and support of Finance, Quality, Logistics, Material Planning Groups
- Support Operations Manager in meeting divisional goals
- Business Management or equivalent with Financial background
- 5+ years in Purchasing/Materials Management
- AS400 or SAP operations
· Strong analytical skills, creativity, ability to recognize future trends, commercial awareness, communication skills, confidence and presentation skills, ability to make decisions under pressure, and strong negotiation skills required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to credibly and effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of negotiation strategies and tactics
- Perform all aspects of the position legally and ethically.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in excel using complex formulas.
- Knowledge of plastic, rubber, metal and aluminum procurement is desirable.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!