As the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for developing & executing crisp quality strategies that deliver continually improving performance to customers & shareholders. You are a coach, a strategist, a business leader. You are the one who always maintains the big picture of your business, but understands it intimately enough to get down in the weeds when required. You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability & passion to teach this skill to others. But above all, you are an outstanding leader who grows your people, takes care of your customers, and sets high goals & standards no matter what your role.
WHAT WE REALLY LOOK FOR!
· Uncompromising degree of integrity and zero tolerance for decisions that can undermine safety, quality or regulatory compliance.
· Intense curiosity to always understand your business, your customers, & your markets better.
· Ability to clearly define the very few things that really matter, the discipline to focus on those things, and the courage to not be distracted by everything else.
· Fact-based; use meaningful data & evidence to drive decisions. Convince others with detail and data.
· Exceptional problem solving skills with process rigor.
· A never-go-backwards mindset; thrives in an environment in which we never reach the finish line, and must always be better tomorrow than we were today. Does not fear resetting the bar higher.
· Acts like an owner of the business at all times.
· Ability to assess risk in new or existing processes/parts.
· All of these things…and also likable, genuine, and a good person. Somebody that customers, suppliers & colleagues want to work with.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build the strongest-performing team you can (hiring, developing, cross-training, upgrading)
· Develop & execute QMS
· Own the daily execution of our quality plan, delivering continual quality improvement
· Drive focused problem-solving on the goals that matter
· Communicate clear strategies, action plans, & results to leadership, colleagues, & direct reports
· Deliver a continually improving customer experience
· Plan & execute all audits & certifications (ISO, PED, ASME, UL, CSA)
· Contribute to our strategy & execution beyond just your scope of responsibility
· Strong understanding of the philosophy of lean & experience in the practical application of lean daily management. (Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt, Blackbelt preferred)
· Problem-solving abilities at the level of being able to teach, not just do
· Deep understanding of reliability & risk management.
· Solid technical ability to grasp what we do & how we do it.
· Experience with ISO 2001-2018 or similar standard. (AS9100, TS16949, PED, etc.).
· Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
· BSME, BSEE required. (Masters preferred)
3-5 years of experience