The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for leading the health, safety and environmental function at his/her base plant. The focus is to ensure effective management of EHS systems while maintaining a safe workplace and compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental regulations. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is considered apart of the operations leadership team at the facility.
- Ensure facilities are operating in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal OSHA regulations or otherwise referenced (typically through a site audit, gap analysis, and closure process)
- Champion initiatives that identify and communicate facility risk exposures, prioritize risk reduction needs, and drive closure of recommendations to reduce the identified risks
- Maintain OSHA VPP Star Site certification which includes direct leadership of the training and emergency preparedness processes
- Facilitate / oversee incident investigations, root cause analyses, and closure of corrective actions
- Represent the company with state and federal agencies as required
- Assist with case management
- Establish and drive continuous improvement in the facilities environmental monitoring and recordkeeping data management systems to ensure compliance with all JM policies and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all industrial process wastewaters are properly managed and discharged from the plant in a manner that protects ground waters and surface tributaries from contamination and is in compliance with the plants operating discharge permit
- Ensure the proper onsite management and offsite disposal of solid, universal, and hazardous wastes and lead a plant-wide effort to eliminate these by correcting the eliminating the root causes and/or reducing wastes, reusing, and recycling various materials
- Assist Corporate Environmental to evaluate and determine appropriate permitting and abatement strategies for projects that may have an impact on existing air quality permits with an emphasis on NESHAP, NSPS, NSR/PSD, and USEPA/CARB/GCAPCD regulatory requirements
- Represent the company with local, state, and federal agencies as required and interface with the general public on environmental issues and promote the company's environmental initiatives at public hearings, meeting
- Develop action plans for EHS activities, perform follow-up on these activities, and report status to division EHS leaders
- Qualify all personnel involved in water sampling and testing, maintaining environmental abatement equipment, emergency procedures, and handling of hazardous materials and wastes
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years' experience in health, safety and environment
- Solid leadership skills to direct personnel, implement EHS initiatives, and perform follow-up on specific activities
- Significant knowledge of safety and environmental regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, NFPA, etc.) and the ability to work with respective outside agencies
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and training skills
- Solid analytical ability to determine and develop solutions to moderately complex problems
- Demonstrated root-cause analysis skills
- Demonstrated Safety and health assessments/audit skills
- Proven experience in hazard awareness and risk assessment for flammable and hazardous materials
- Fundamental knowledge of Behavior Based Safety including general principles, audit process, incentives, and accountability
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations relating to air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste management
- Supervises/Leads individuals or a project team to achieve milestones and objectives by setting priorities and providing direction. May provide feedback for performance evaluations
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds
- Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!