We're seeking a Signal Processing Engineer with at least 6 years’ experience (BS Degree) or 4 years’ experience (Graduate Degree) to join our Sensor Signal Processing team. . We combine practical data analysis with cutting edge algorithm research to address complex challenges in underwater acoustics. Our current technology focus areas include adaptive beamforming, detection/classification/localization (DCL), phased array design/processing, statistical and adaptive signal processing, and machine learning. Transition platforms range from size/weight/power constrained to high processing capable systems, requiring that our team members be creative and versatile.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with a background in signal processing. Candidates must be able to work in small, collaborative teams. The candidate will ideally help to manage small projects and interface with industry partners and Government customers. Candidates must also be willing to analyze acoustic sensor data and help debug algorithm and platform issues. This role is more than just research and development- you will help guide the technology from the initial concept / proposal stage, assist in tuning/analysis, and provide support for testing and transition to customer use.
- Analysis and exploration of sonar sensor data for active and passive systems
- Development of innovative signal processing algorithms to aid in detection, localization, and classification of contacts of interest
- Support proposal efforts through rapid prototyping of candidate solutions, technical writing, and development of proposal strategies
- Assist with planning and execution of projects
- BS EE or related major with 6+ years’ experience OR MS/PhD EE or related major with 4+ years’ experience
- Ability to perform work with general oversight and independently manage small projects
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with industry partners and peer review groups
- Experience with signal processing algorithms related to detection and localization
- Familiarity with adaptive signal processing algorithms
- Prototype signal processing software development (e.g., Matlab, Python).
- Ability to work and communicate within small teams.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Secret clearance within one year of hire.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Prior experience with Sonar and/or Radar
- Signal processing software development in C/C++
- Ability to navigate Linux operating systems
- Practical experience in signal processing algorithms for remote sensing
- Practical experience with adaptive signal processing algorithms.
- Current US DoD Secret Clearance.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!