Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties. Assists in developing and improving new and existing machines and participates in building and testing of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Has extensive knowledge in preventive maintenance systems and proven repair processes for equipment used in manufacturing and assembly processes.
· Able to conduct required repairs on production machines. Hands-on machine repair experience preferred.
· Trouble shoots and repairs mechanical machine problems. Observes machines in operation and uses diagnostic skills to locate and make repairs.
· Conduct equipment repairs in a timely manner in order to maintain operation efficiency.
· Makes minor electrical repairs to machines and equipment and adjusts parts and instrument controls.
· Replace faulty electrical components such as relays, switches, motors, and sensing devices.
· Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components for machines and equipment.
· Lubricates and cleans parts and cleans around work areas.
· Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.
· Moves and installs machines and related equipment and maintains building systems as required.
· Follows and adheres to company safety policies and practices and maintains good housekeeping.
Other duties may be assigned.
Wear safety eye glasses and steel-toed shoes. Uses hearing protection, as needed and follows proper lifting techniques. Participates in hazard communication training and is knowledgeable of plant emergency procedures.
Has an industrial truck operator license for motorized pallet jack and forklift. Can perform daily sling and hoist inspection.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A two year degree in maintenance and three years of operations maintenance experience or a HS diploma (GED) and five years of experience in maintenance for a manufacturing / assembly operation. A certification in mechanical and/or electrical systems is a plus. Must be able to read, use and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints, and inspection equipment.