This Leadership position is in Acuna México and will support the Mexico site full operations through assuming full ownership of Plant Key metrics, Talent resources, effective customer relations, Safety & Quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Will manage production flow.
· Participate as lead staff member responsible for operation and performance.
· Provide overall leadership and direction to direct reports responsible for all aspects of manufacturing.
· Lead multi-disciplined plant teams in meeting to establish monthly forecasts, as well as, all associated business metrics, from a continuous improvement perspective.
· Develop and provide strategic manufacturing direction and planning for 1-3 year planning horizon, utilizing lean manufacturing techniques, automation, and Kaizen disciplines.
· Participate in the operational budget preparation and coordinate capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
· Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and plant safety performance.
· Manage the day-to-day manufacturing process activities to assure that safety and best practices are maximized.
· Analyze and implement process flow, inventory and velocity improvements throughout the entire value stream system, which includes key supplier base and outside vendors.
· Monitors and manages the production work flow and inventory levels to ensure that production schedules are met and bottlenecks are identified and corrected.
· Interfaces with union plant committee; maintains compliance with collective bargaining agreement.
· Interfaces with a variety of functional areas such as Planning, Sales, Quality, Engineering and Finance to ensure cooperative spirit, continuous improvement initiatives, and customer satisfaction are continually enhanced
· High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in leadership capacity within manufacturing/operations and with all facets of business operations.
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution in the following disciplines: preferred: Industrial/Manufacturing, Aerospace, Robotic/Automation.
- Six Sigma, Black Belt and/or Lean Manufacturing certifications.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish-English).
- Previous Experience working in Manufacturing sites in Mexico.·
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel, excellent written and oral communication skills, able to work in a self-directed or team environment, and have good organizational skills.