Reporting to the Plant Controller, the Cost Accounting Manager will be a key member of the Canaan plant finance teams and financial business partner for the plant. In addition to analyzing & interpreting financial performance, this position will work closely with the Operations Finance Center of Excellence (COE) on processes and analysis related to annual plant budgeting, quarterly forecasting, month-end closings, and other ad-hoc reporting. This position will be directly involved with the creation, validation, analysis, and communication of financial and operational data relating to cost improvements, CB2 preparation, and the capital processes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial analysis to the operations team to aid in decision making including:
- Continuous improvement project analysis
- Capital and CB2 development and analysis
- New product cost development
- Other ad-hoc reporting
- Support the Canaan Plant Controllers and partner with the COE to develop and ensure standard costs are accurate and meet the cost improvement objectives set by Operations.
- Support the Canaan Plant Controllers and partner with the COE in the development of 3 year strategic plans, annual budget package, and quarterly forecasts for the plant including:
- Validating production volumes and analyzing leverage
- Ensuring productivity factors are in-line with expectations
- Working with Operations and Strategic Sourcing to minimize material inflation
- Conducting reviews to ensure staffing and overhead structures are appropriate
- Ensuring that manufacturing variances to standard and start-up costs are accurate
- Assist in preparation of capital expenditure authorizations and capital spending analysis. Support capital budgeting, forecasting, depreciation, and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the analysis of inventory levels and days inventory on-hand (DIO) to ensure they meet ISC/Operations targets.
- Support the Canaan Plant Controllers in ensuring the site meets compliance to GAAP, legal/statutory, and BD internal accounting policies
- In partnership with the COE and Plant Controller, ensure timely and accurate financial performance reporting prepared by the COE
- Review annual physical inventory and/or cycle-count program to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and/or communicate various operational metrics as required
- Special projects as required
- BS in Accounting / Finance required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience required (demonstrated proficiency)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of capital budgeting, including IRR/NPV principals and product costing methodologies
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment under pressure with tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!