As a Staff Systems Engineering - Project Leader, in our Aircraft Group (AG), you’ll be responsible for the effectiveness of the technical solution created to support the customer’s needs. This includes: Determining the physical properties of the system, building and exercising physics-based performance models of the system in the entire operational environment, creation of requirements baselines for the project and leading system-level integration and test. You will also participate in the strategic side of the business by developing product platforms, new integration and test methodologies, and participation in the business unit strategy development and technology roadmaps.
Additionally, you will have supervisor responsibilities over a team of 0-5 systems engineers and management responsibilities over projects of up to $20M in assigned value. Some travel is required, estimated to be 12 trips per year to visit customers, vendors or other sites.
Here’s what to expect on a day to day basis:
- Lead the systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable requirements into a total systems solution that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel
- Lead the functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design team
- Innovate new ways to model systems to support trade studies and solution architectures with customers during early business development efforts
- Create detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for the testing of systems. Investigate and create new test methods and approaches
- Lead any system level integration and test including any system anomalies investigations
- Create concise reports that document the design decisions and analysis results
- Lead the preparation of successful proposals. Contributions to include coordination and leadership of the technical team, system level architecture, technical/product strategy and technology utilization and the implementation of technologies and products from across . Lead the evaluation and assessment of new markets, products or technologies in collaboration with other personnel and customers
- Develop new product platform designs for each business unit sectors. These platforms can support current market positions or create new market opportunities
- Represent in a manner consistent with its strong technical reputation
- Operate as a lead member of a team of creative, independent individuals
- Participate in the creation of strategic business plans and technology plans for business units. This to include business unit strategy maps, functional strategy maps and technology roadmaps
- Lead the development of seminars and training sessions for key system engineering methods and processes for other engineers
- Expected to be able to work across sites to coordinate the creation of system solutions
At a minimum you'll need to meet these qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems Engineering
- Minimum 12 years of progressive experience in the field of System Engineering.
- Proven general capabilities/competencies in Building Strategic Working Relationships, Planning and Organizing, Customer Focus
- Proven specific capabilities/competencies in Requirements Management, Verification and Validation Methods, Control System Design Integration and Test
- Proficiency in modeling tools, such as MATLAB and SIMULINK
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!