I. Job Summary
This position requires an engineer with significant experience in the environmental and solid waste industry. The ideal candidate will possess superior problem solving and management skills that will be applied to a diverse portfolio of technical projects. You will be directly responsible for engineering and construction at solid waste disposal facilities, will communicate with senior management, and direct and mentor junior staff. You will be continually challenged to use your knowledge and skills to advance status as the leader, and innovator, in providing comprehensive waste management services to a variety of clients.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Engages, directs, and manages professional consulting firms that perform a variety of work tasks at solid waste facilities, such as preparing permit applications and construction plans, conducting site monitoring, preparing regulatory submittals, etc. Will be responsible for final work product.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with regulators and serve as a direct line of communication on technical and permitting matters between regulatory agencies and operating sites. This will include representing permit meetings, hearings, and site inspections. Act as a professional representative as a community liaison, at technical conferences and other forums
- Manages landfill construction projects from overseeing the preparation of construction plans to final approval. Tasks will include managing consultants, contractors and budgets, preparation of bid documents, bid letting, contract administration, coordinating contractors, construction quality assurance firms, and materials order and delivery.
- Actively manages and tracks capital budgets for engineering and construction projects and report to local management and corporate using Company procedures.
- Coordinates landfill capacity tracking to help manage this key asset. This will include developing airspace calculations and completing capacity projections; as well as working with landfill managers to develop efficient fill sequencing plans and schedules for cell construction and closure timing
- Provides continuous evaluation of sites for adherence to construction and permit documents and for site expansion potential through regular site visits. Be proactive in pursuing and obtaining required or beneficial permits and/or permit modifications.
- Collaborates with other professionals and subject matter experts within provide innovative, cost effective engineering solutions to identified or potential operational, environmental, and compliance issues at landfills, transfer stations, hauling operations and other businesses in your area and potentially across the Company. Provide technical expertise and direction to management and other functional areas such as finance, legal and safety to present a clear path to resolution.
- Participates in review of acquisitions and coordination and evaluation of divestitures, including proforma modeling assistance and interaction with corporate and executive management during due diligence.
- Assists in training and provides mentorship and supervision of technical staff assigned to your team.
Functioning as the team lead on various projects is inherent to the position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Engineering.
- Experience: Five (5) years of related experience (in addition to education requirements).
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time, including travel to remote locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with a variety of audiences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of environmental regulations, including solid waste, air, storm water and wastewater.
- In depth knowledge of landfill design and permitting.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to lead environmental, engineering, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of safety regulations
- Understanding of accounting processes and P&L statements.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!