The Manufacturing Engineer- Engines is the crucial floor support for the production of new and rebuilt Engines. This hands on position will split their time between on the floor support and crucial management of process documentation and meeting the daily demands of the production floor. The M.E. will also participate in the process of identifying needs of the company for updates to current awarded contracts and the requests to provide quotations for future work. The person holding this position may also be involved in the support of customer engine depots both domestic and international. The successful candidate will be be involved in the corrective action, and process improvement process, both as a leader and a participant. The Manufacturing Engineer position is the primary support element for the New Engine Assembly, Manufacturing and Engine Rebuilding programs.
- Develop, implement and support Engine Tear down, IROAN, and Assembly processes to the manufacturing floor including tooling, programming, gauging, process documentation and project management
- Develop and train personnel on new and existing process documentation
- Propose, investigate, justify, requisition, source, and manage the purchase of capital equipment
- Support production by resolving process issues, producibility and quality problems using Lean and 6 Sigma techniques
- Work with cross functional team to ensure products and processes meet Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure processes meet Quality, Cost, and Delivery metrics
- Evaluate work methods, prepare and / or modify documented work instructions
- Interface with vendors on problem resolution, fixture design and build or rebuilding of tools and fixtures
- Train Team Leaders and UAW employees on proper execution of work instructions as needed
- Analyze new product quotes and provide cost estimates on tools, fixtures, machines, gages and recurring labor
- Support production by resolving process, producibility and quality problems using Lean Sigma techniques
- Write Scopes of Work (SOW), detailed presentations, and financial justification for the procurement of capital equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Technology with a minimum of 6 years of engine manufacturing experience
- Strong knowledge of engine teardown and assembly processes
- Strong and successful working knowledge of project management
- Proven record of successful project implementations working with manufacturing facility teams
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize all Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be familiar with, and able to utilize process documentation software to create work instructions
- Experience developing, documenting and troubleshooting engine assembly processes
- Experience managing large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams
- Availability for occasional business travel (10% Max)
- Availability for casual overtime based on workload and/or urgency
- Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Previously held security clearance preferred. Ability to get security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Project Management experience, have used MS Project in the past and have developed Statement of Work, Work Breakdown Structure, and Schedules
- Understanding of Geometeric Dimensioning & Tolerancing techniques
- Working knowledge of using CAD models and programs in CREO and AutoCad
- Understanding of machining processes and inspection requirements.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!