We are hiring an Health & Safety Specialist to join our H&S team in Cleburne, Texas. The Health & Safety Specialist will focus on plant safety, rollout safety policies, and think outside the box to take the safety program to the next level. If you are someone who enjoys working independently as well as in a team environment this position will be just that. The Health & Safety Specialist will work with the plant operations team and corporate EHS team to embrace our goal of a 'zero harm workplace'. If you enjoy rolling out programs, multi-tasking, being creative, taking on investigations, influencing decisions and helping drive our Safety goals towards a safety-first culture we want to hear from you. This position reports to the EHS Manager in Cleburne, TX.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and licenses
- Develop and administer training, including new employee orientation
- Lead and promote a team-based health and safety culture that embraces worker involvement and participation
- Familiar with workman's compensation protocol
- Drive Behavioral Based Safety management
Additional Consideration for those who have experience with:
- Demonstrating leadership and supervisory skills in developing and supporting plant health and safety initiatives and safety culture
- Leading efforts to create employee-led safety teams and initiatives
- Apply case management skills to injuries, track trends, and adopt corrective actions needed to prevent injuries and minimize employees' time away from work
- Ensuring all process additions and changes comply with all H&S standards
- Ensuring H&S metrics and reports are completed and communicated in a timely manner
- Actively participate on the Plant's Safety Committees
- Developing relationships with health care providers and public safety departments (fire department, emergency response, hospital etc.)
- Experience with OSHA 300 Log, Emergency Preparedness, Injury Case
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory standards and ability to work with respective outside agencies
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Ability to work well with a production workforce and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct training
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
- Moderate travel required (11 -- 29 days per year)
- Experience in health and safety in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of behavior-based safety including general principles, audit process, root cause analysis, incentives, and accountability
- Preferred Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional
- OSHA VPP certification experience
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!