I. Job Summary
As a member of the People Organization the Director will be charged with providing world class strategic business partnership people solutions and guidance to assigned leaders and business segments. The People Director is responsible for developing, guiding and executing initiatives in the areas of culture, change management, strategic coaching, talent assessment and development, succession planning, workforce planning, and performance management to drive high performance in for a diverse workforce in an emerging and fast paced enterprise.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coaches and advises leaders, supporting multiple functions/departments to create a high-performance culture through talent management, performance management, and leadership development (coach, counsel, career development, performance mgt).
- Identifies and activates People solutions that impact the Company’s ability to meet business objectives.
- Participates as a key member of business leadership team providing progressive people solutions such as integrated talent management, workforce planning, succession planning, organization structure to increase business impact.
- Partners and collaborates with appropriate Centers of Expertise to develop holistic People strategies and initiatives to support business objectives at an Enterprise, Area, and Functional level.
- Leads/manages projects and/or participates as a project member on People initiatives as assigned by the Senior People Leadership Team.
- Hires, leads, educates, develops, coaches, and performance manages members of the People Organization.
- Proposes People solutions and/or organizational changes based upon an analysis of critical business opportunities. Help shape the business strategy, conduct organizational diagnoses to determine which capabilities are most critical, design and deliver people practices to accomplish strategy.
- Develops written and oral presentations that have high clarity and impact. Provides regular written reports as needed to Senior Leadership.
- Delivers People solutions that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to the business objectives
- Serves as an advisor to management for employment related legal issues and ensures local compliance with federal, state, provincial, and local employment laws.
- Leads organizational change initiatives that support strategic business framework.
- Identifies and applies new ideas to adapt to changing work demands.
- Partners with the Senior People Team to identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvement and new initiatives.
- Leadership activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, learning and development programs for preparing employees for career advancement and employee development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the Company and the waste industry.
- Develops and implements policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of each department. Included, but not limited to, this area are programs associated with employee engagement/relations, diversity & inclusion, external education and career development.
- Provides technical advice, knowledge sharing, coaching and guidance to others within the human resources discipline.
- Continually challenges and improves the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Provides thought leadership to developing and maintaining the skills needed to be an effective business partner.
- The People Director will not only demonstrate, but will also lead initiatives, promote participation, and recognize employees and leaders that live Commitments and Values.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of six (6) full-time employees - People Managerial level
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years experience managing human resource systems, process, programs and implementations (in addition to education requirement).
- SPHR certification preferred.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!