Provide Radiology services to patients in accordance with physician orders. Ensures patient safety and provides high quality imaging. Prepares Radiology rooms for patient procedures, develops images, maintains supply levels, ensures diagnostic equipment is maintained and properly working within manufacturer specifications. Efficiently operates equipment according to prescribed safety standards. Exercises professional judgment in performance of diagnostic services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patients and family requirements relative to age specific patients. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills: treats customers with courtesy and respect; communicates effectively; provides appropriate and efficient service, and demonstrates a professional behavior at all time. Committed to self-improvement. Maintains strict patient and staff confidentiality.
- Perform quality general radiographic and specialty images through the use of clinical protocols. Position patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest, respecting patient's comfort and ability. Demonstrate the knowledge to perform general radiographic and specialty procedures through the use of radiological equipment. Obtain images in accordance with proper radiographic techniques. Evaluate images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide Radiology services including patient education to all age groups served, to include: geriatrics, adults, adolescents, and pediatrics. Contact physician if there are any discrepancies, and follows the radiology policy and procedure for changing orders from referring providers. Adhere to Cooperative-wide Personal Protection Equipment, Universal Precautions, related Medical Waste (RMW), Infection Control, Safety, and other OSHA Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure patient information is accurately input into electronic medical record, including Radiology Information System (RIS). Arrive, select current account and complete patient for the appropriate procedure, as directed in the RIS. Establish patient's identification by following organizational identification policy. Observe patient during procedures and reports any unusual occurrences or changes in patient's condition to appropriate personnel. Ascertain allergy status on patients. Respond appropriately to contrast reactions as outlined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Provide timely, responsive, expert services to customers in a positive friendly manner, to include patient, physicians, and other employees. Inform patients and those accompanying them when delays exist and how they are being addressed. Promote 'patient focused care' throughout daily activities. Provide quality patient care to include preparation, scheduling, description of exam, communication of pain expectation, and teaching all types of patient procedures as needed. Maintain strict patient and employee confidentiality, as appropriate. Communicate to the patient when they will be receiving their results.
- Maintain safe radiation levels at all times to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others. Follow written Policy and Procedure Manual on radiation safety rules. Perform all necessary equipment checks prior to use, thereby protecting patient and staff safety. Ensure patient and regulatory standards are adhered to and suggests ways to improve patient outcomes when indicated. Completes quality assurance, quality control and radiation safety activities as appropriate.
- Arrive at the start of the assigned shift ready to begin work; take lunch and break at appropriate times, and leave work at the end of the assigned shift. Maintain neat, clean and stocked Radiology room. Able to assist lead technologist or radiology leadership by coordinating new employee training and orientation, and identifying staff training issues, able to assist lead technologist in monitoring work flow and assigning tasks to other staff to address issues and participating in operational policy and procedures development as appropriate. Communicate concerns as appropriate to lead technologists and management. Work as an effective team member with other colleagues, both on and off-site to efficiently perform radiological procedures. Rotate shifts and assignments as required. Rotation may include surgery and portables for Specialty and Hospital staff.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct experience with diagnostic procedures.
License, Certification, Registration
- Graduate of an approved accredited radiologic technology program.
- Current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and be certified by the State of Washington as a Radiologic Technologist by date of hire/transfer.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and expertise in performing required procedures and exams.
- Demonstrates strong communication and problem solving-skills in order to work effectively with physicians, customers and co-workers.
- Is very knowledgeable about and adheres stringently to radiation safety, safety precautions, and infection control practices.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to providing consistent excellent customer service.
- Supports the strategy and mission statement.
- Works and communicates effectively with all populations, including infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!