We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Lead Cryocooler Development Engineer. This position supports a variety of mission-critical programs with specific focus on cryocoolers for sustaining engineering and manufacturing production along with new design and development.
- Support existing cryocooler production and new design development initiatives by interacting cross-functionally with various engineering disciplines, operations, supply chain, program management, customer representatives and vendors. Review in-process statistical performance data for the purpose of design oversight, identifying process trends and comprehensive continuous improvement. Develop corrective action reports for cooler related failures and architect appropriate test plans spanning entire product lifecycle as needed. Review and approve cryocooler designs and configuration changes.
- Prepare and review technical papers for conferences and industry proceedings. Maintain database resources for competitor product offerings. Support and develop performance modeling that includes critical transient and steady-state operating parameters and reliability life predictions. Analyze performance data on both prototype and production hardware to refine performance modeling capabilities and develop plans to characterize cooler reliability predictions under various environmental and loading conditions.
- Ability to interface with mechanical design engineers, manufacturing process engineers and operations personnel to streamline, problem solve and continuously improve production build methodology is essential.
- Interaction with manufacturing to ensure successful design hand-off and production transition including support for test fixture design, work instructions and new build techniques is critical.
- Responsible for creating detail component and assembly model concepts, manufacturing drawings and presenting design material for internal / external customer engineering design reviews as needed.
- Other responsibilities include support for requirements development, coordination and tracking changes to Bill of Materials (BOM) and proper execution of design tasks in accordance with internal engineering processes and procedures. Support proposal efforts, basis of estimate creation and report / track task status in control account manager (CAM) role as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME or BSMET) is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Aerospace / Defense or equivalent industry is preferred.
- Mechanical CAD proficiency using 3D modeling is required (SolidWorks preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience for design is required (SolidWorks preferred).
- Strong technical problem solving skills and excellent project management / multi-tasking ability is required.
- Knowledge of industry environmental test methods is required (MIL-STD-810G).
- Experience with both cryogenic compressor design and production is required.
- Must be a self-starter, versatile and adept at functioning in either lead or support role in small groups working on fast-paced projects encompassing initial conceptual product design all the way through transition to manufacturing production build. This may include detail design, light assembly, test verification, build support, thorough results documentation and task completion on schedule & within budget constraints.
- Experience with Ultra High Vacuum (UHV) processing and electro-optical assembly design (not mandatory).
- Prior supervisory experience is desirable (not mandatory).
Department of Defense (DOD) security clearance is a plus.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!