Reporting to the Site EHS Manager, this position requires the planning, implementing, and coordination of the Site safety and environmental programs. Due to the nature of the manufacturing environment, these tasks will often require the application of engineering principles and technology to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions and enhance environmental protection capabilities. In general, the position promotes a safe working and environmental stewardship culture. Specific functions require compliance with local, county, state, and federal laws, ordinances, regulations and standards ( NDEQ, OSHA, EPA, etc.). This includes development of compliance plans, preparation of training materials, performing work-force training, performing risk assessments and audits, and championing the Environmental, Health and Safety strategic programs.
The position is accountable for the achievement of site and business metrics related to established EHS goals in conjunction with the site Leadership Team and associates.
- Develop plans, manage programs and processes, and document environmental compliance
- Analyze data and inspections to assess potential EHS risks with the ability to determine applicable root causes and develop corrective actions
- Assist in developing and administering safety programs- Coordinate the hazard and risk assessment processes
- Participate in the investigation of injuries and near misses, assist in identifying root causes, and coordinate the development and implementation of corrective actions
- Audit equipment and areas to identify and resolve safety and environmental hazards and risks
- Perform ergonomic assessments and assist in developing injury reduction action plans
- Participate in continuous improvement team activities and support departmental initiatives designed to improve both EHS and the business processes
- Benchmark and utilize best-in-class/world-class measures and systems so as to continually improve the Site strategies - Develop and implement teammate engagement actions that support the EHS strategies
- Manage environmental permits and ensure compliance with all applicable requirements- Evaluate existing and future chemical products for EHS related hazards and risks
- Coordinate the waste management collection and disposal process within the facility and keep essential recordkeeping organized and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Review on-the-job safety with associates, including Jobs Safety Analyses (JSAs).
- Assist in updating Job Safety Analysis when a job process changes.
- Work with the Safety Committee
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental, Health, and Safety; Occupational Health and Safety; Industrial Engineering; Chemical Engineering; Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene, or a related technical field is required.
- Current certification from recognized EHS entities preferred (CIH, CSP, CHMM, etc)
- EHS leadership experience in a manufacturing environment. Advanced knowledge and training related to EPA, OSHA, safety, legal, and regulatory compliance. Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Previous involvement in a team-based environment.
Specific experience preferred in one, or more, of the following:
- 3 or more years of experience in environmental, industrial hygiene and safety in a manufacturing environment with working knowledge of OSHA, FDA, DOT, and EPA regulations in a manufacturing environment
- 3 or more years of industry based EHS auditing and corrective action coordination
- 3 or more years of experience in managing projects; including the directing of vendors and/or contractors
- Successful experience with actively participating in interdisciplinary teams
- Pharmaceutical or Chemical related EH&S experience - Management system experience, i.e., ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, etc.
- Documented experience with continuous improvement programs, i.e., Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, PDCA, TMS, etc.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!