We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Herndon, VA location.
**Position can be 50/50 remote and onsite work. Candidate must reside in Herndon, VA or surrounding area.
- Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing.
- Full software life cycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with new and existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Ten+ years of prior work experience with automation and/or control systems
- Customer site field experience.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
- Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box"
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with the following software tools: MATLAB Simulink, NI Multisim, AnyLogic or other Automation/Control software.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!