The Engineer Test Equipment Sustainment shall be responsible for coordinating and completing activities in support of Test Equipment Sustainment at our Aircraft Group Torrance Operations. The primary function of this role is to ensure continued operation of deployed test equipment in support of the product life cycle.
The role shall work closely with our customer, and a team of Test Equipment technicians, in all aspects of test systems sustainment. The test systems are comprised of mechanical, electronic, electrical, software and power distribution components.
The role shall also co-ordinate with the Test Equipment Design and Project/NPI functions with respect to work packages as part of the maintenance, upgrade and sustainment of existing Test Equipment Systems.
What you can expect day-to-day:
1. Timely investigation and resolution of issues creating a stop on production, a quality escape and / or reduced first pass yield.
2. Use of the Test Equipment Maintenance Management System (MMS) to log, track and document customer work requests, preventative maintenance activities and other sustainment activities.
3. To maintain the configuration of test equipment deployed for operational use at their facility. Including the generation, update and formal release of Test Equipment Documentation during sustainment activities.
4. Customer focused role, providing timely updates on sustainment activities to the Test Equipment Site Manager and associated stakeholders.
5. Support procurement of sub-assemblies, services, spares and consumables to support Test Equipment on-going sustainment.
6. Lead activities to manage test equipment obsolescence, identifying opportunities for replacement of capital assets and co-ordination with the Test Equipment Design and Project/ NPI functions in completion of obsolescence work packages.
7. Support the Test Equipment Manager with coordination of activities for the timely resolution of Corrective Actions, Significant Issues or Non Conformances raised against Test Equipment systems, components or processes.
8. Support Root Cause investigations into all aspects of the Test Equipment Systems and/ or components as required.
9. Ensure all Health & Safety practices are followed and any new issues raised, during any work activities. Write or assist with the completion and review of work related Risk Assessments and adhere to them.
10. Lead and also support internal and external Quality Audits on all aspects of deployed test equipment systems.
11. Understand and comply with quality procedures relevant to tasks undertaken.
12. Actively participate in lean activities to improve the function and site operations; this must be a continuous improvement program.
13. Support the documentation of Standard Operations for LOTO on Test Equipment and act as an authorized competent party onsite to perform LOTO activities.
14. Upholding, fostering and cultivating the company culture and philosophy within their function. This includes the values of: Trust, Competence, Team Spirit, Diligence, Accountability, Effective Communication, Adaptability, Recognition and Enjoyment.
Per i odic activities will include:
- The successful candidate will be a team player demonstrating appropriate virtues, in-line with our values, to allow effective participation in multi-disciplinary and global teams as required
- The ability to function in a demanding engineering and production environment dealing with all aspects of test equipment sustainment, is essential
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to proactively manage multiple tasks and priorities
- The role requires proactive problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- The incumbent is expected to work inconvenient hours, on occasion, as part of Test Equipment Sustainment
- On occasion the incumbent may need to support remotely, or in person, Test Equipment deployed at another company or Customer facility
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline as a minimum (Mechanical, Electrical, Project Management, Aeronautical, or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a relevant engineering sector (Aerospace, Automotive, Test Equipment)
- Familiar with the development of test equipment solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical Test Systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: dSPACE ControlDesk, NI LabVIEW, Python NX or Autocad is advantageous
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and VISO
- Ability to obtain a security clearance