General Summary: Administer nursing care, under supervision of a registered nurse, for clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, clients, and their families, and the referring Agency.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients of all ages in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in all populations.
1. Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
2. Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the client’s physical, psycho social and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
3. Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction with the RN, in accordance with the Plan of Care (POC). Assists clients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
4. Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both client and staff (OSHA).
5. Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient care.
6. Provides effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals, and regular participation in Case Conference/Team Meetings.
7. Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers.
8. Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
9. Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
10. Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the Agency/licensing board.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
· 1 year experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting.
· Preferred, home health experience
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
- If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile.
- Must read, write and comprehend English.
· Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program.
· Current license that is in good standing to practice as an LPN in any/all applicable states.
· Current CPR certificate.
· Current driver’s license in good standing.
On-going employment as an LPN requires maintenance of a valid LPN license in the state which the nurse practices in and a valid CPR certificate at all times. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew these both before they expire in order to continue employment.