The candidate will be responsible for the design and development of systems, operational concepts and network architectures for integrated tactical communication systems. Business requirements include being an internal expert/ networking consultant to Engineering, Product Management, Sales teams and our customers in the field. Strong communications skills, interpersonal skills coupled with an appreciation and interest in growing the System Engineering networking team are required. Technical requirements include an in-depth knowledge of IP networking, network architecture and system design, practical application of principles and techniques of IP networking, network security, IP networking integration with tactical radio networks, integration with tactical wireless radio and wired IP networks and integration of 3rd party applications and solutions.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will be required to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment executing tasks over a variety of programs and proposal related activities to meet business needs. Tasking will include/require:
- Act as the lead network engineer on teams which are responsible for proposal development, system demonstrations, system/network architecture, system development, system design and/or solution deliveries.
- Work directly with Program Management and Sales Teams on business and customer objectives and requirements.
- Ability, technical expertise and skillset to design a tactical network from high level requirements and integrate third party solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Perform product analysis, test design, development, execution and development of test tools to aid in test execution.
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issues at all layers, including proficient knowledge/use of the latest test/debug tools used to analyze network connectivity and traffic flow.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with network systems, an understanding and proven track record of resolving hardware/software integration issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE) with 9 years of relevant experience in systems engineering or product design engineering or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MSEE or MSCE) with 7 years of relevant experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with tactical and RF communication products is highly desirable
- Practical networking design and implementation experience with integrated solutions
- Experience in working with third party vendors to influence product directions and integrate the solutions
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus are a must
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Certification is a plus
- Working experience with virtual environments is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with wireless networking and tactical wideband networking is highly desirable.
- Enjoys working with people, developing relationships, and sharing knowledge
- Willingness to mentor and cross-train other team members
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!