The Engineering Manager is required to perform the following department leadership tasks and activities:
- Manpower planning and forecasting
- Job and task assignments
- Establishing group and individual objectives, and providing regular, constructive feedback
- Employee Engagement
- Staff development, training, and mentoring
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining a high performing diverse workforce
- Expense and capital budgeting / management
- Safety and workplace environment management
The Engineering Manager will complete performance reviews of staff engineers and will be responsible for determining and justifying merit increases, grade level advancements, rewards, and for implementing individual improvement plans as required. An effective Engineering Manager will ensure regular communication with group members and management, resulting in an environment that fosters open dialog and high employee engagement
- Managing day to day activities of direct reports
- Planning and scheduling software development programs
Monitoring budget and schedule for software development programs
Bachelors Degree and a minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and 7 years of experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading teams of 5+ engineers, managing their efforts including budget and scheduling of activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience with Embedded Software Development
- Advanced degree is a plus
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in tactical communication is desired
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Basic understanding of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- Ability to coach, mentor, teach and build relationships
- Knowledge of Military Communications Systems
- Knowledge of Embedded Software Development
- Knowledge of Waveform Software
- Experience with the SINCGARS Waveform
Experience with JTRS SCA Compliant radios and Waveform Applications
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!