Our company is the world-wide leader of advanced flight controls and actuation for commercial and military aircraft. We are positioned on virtually every aircraft flying today, supplying highly reliable systems that are supportable and add significant value for our customers.
As a Sr Manufacturing Engineer, you will… take on a critical role in supporting the Prismatic (Complex Milling) Manufacturing Group located in East Aurora NY. The primary responsibility will be supporting the development of new product/development processes, as well as applying new manufacturing technologies to existing or mature production programs. In this role, you’ll take ownership and drive results performing challenging and non‑routine manufacturing engineering work requiring the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. In addition to accountability for the manufacturing processes in East Aurora, NY you will also help support our other aircraft facilities worldwide as required.
- Evaluate and develop new and emerging technologies in manufacturing engineering.
- Play a major role in coordinating Design For Manufacturing efforts amongst various development engineering groups.
- Determine manufacturing procedures, operation sequencing, prepare tooling and gauge lists, create and prove out N/C programs, writing of detailed operations sheets and work instructions to produce complex machined parts and sub-assemblies.
- Support and improve mature programs through a combination of CAD/CAM, custom macros, and manual coding.
- Prepare, monitor, and update engineered or estimated time standards for set up and run hours, man to machine ratios and economic run quantities for each component’s processes in their entirety.
- Provide cost estimates for new business capture and process improvement efforts.
- Daily interaction with a variety of disciplines, including other company engineers, technicians, operations and quality personnel, as well as external suppliers, to solve process related problems.
- Leadership opportunities assigned by the Group Lead and/or Manufacturing Engineer Manager.
- Support of production automated manufacturing cells, driving process stability to achieve reduced attended labor and human factor variation.
- Some international and/or domestic travel as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of 5 years Manufacturing Engineering experience with increasing responsibility.
- CAD/CAM CNC programming experience required (NX preferred)
- Strong CNC Milling machine processing, tooling and programming (4 and 5 axis machining) experience required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Tech). Additional seasoned experience in manufacturing engineering that would be equivalent to what is learned in a degreed program would be reviewed for an acceptable alternative to the B. S. Degree requirement.
- A progressive thinker and Self-starter to help advance our current methodologies and technologies.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
- A “Lean Mindset” and leadership skills to drive change towards a “Lean factory” and “Standardized Work”. (Lean belt certification a plus)
- Strong tooling and/or fixture design experience preferred
- Experience developing automated and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Program management training and experience is a plus.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!