Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Directs the development of plans and activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Optimizes program production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers program procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor and is responsible for managing two or more of the following activities related to operations: manufacturing, production planning, manufacturing engineering, test, quality, or shipping/receiving/stores.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for program requirements.
- Develops, implements and analyzes manufacturing plans and projects and communicates them to internal and external customers.
- Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Develops high level manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes.
- Ability to work in a strong matrixed organization with cross functional groups/teams while meeting and exceeding set goals & metrics.
- Cost technical and schedule performance are part of the key deliverables.
- Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products.
- This role will be responsible for the transitioning of a developmental R&D program into a manufacturing production program. (Prototype to full production of complex large electro mechanical assemblies).
- Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Up to 40% travel.
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management and EVMS.
- Requires proficiency with MS Project & Critical Path Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- FAR/DFAR knowledge would be desirable.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!