As an experienced (Loan Specialist – Banking Solutions) you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider a remote opportunity with our Project Delivery Team.
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
Our client is an American Bank holding company headquartered in the Northeast. As part of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), our client originated a number of SBA loans for its customers to help small businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. For those borrowers who meet certain employee retention criteria and loan funds were used for eligible expenses, the SBA will forgive part of these loans. Our team is assisting our client in processing these applications for forgiveness from borrowers.
· Bachelor’s Degree or loan processing experience
· 8-10 years of relevant hands-on experience
· Utilizes advanced communication, strong interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues, management and internal/external clients
· Knowledge of Flexcube and/or loan IQ is desirable but not a must
· Must have deep experience (8 or more years) in loan processing and should be able to provide domain expertise
· Integrates a solid understanding of industry and business standards and practices of loan agency processes
· Applies professional judgment, analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies to make recommendations to senior management to support process improvement
· Deals with most loan related problems independently and has some latitude to resolve complex issues
· Applies judgment when interpreting data, preparing reports, and presents findings to management
· Makes resolution recommendations based on identified trends and facts
· Designs and analyzes complex reports often related, but not limited to loan agency processes to satisfy management requirements and support/control activities
· Participates in, and supports the implementation of, projects as assigned, applies project management skills to support initiatives
· Interprets data and makes recommendations for the launch of new products/ services and upgraded platforms that loan agency functions
· Demonstrates a understanding of the loan agency processes to identify policy gaps and formulate policies to support the streamlining of related work processes
· Timely management, escalation and resolution of all requests / inquiries / issues / errors related to loan agency
· Applies a solid understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-unit, and the wider Operation group
· Provides informal guidance and/or on-the-job-training to new team members
· Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
· Individuals at this level usually have full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts, representing a unit or team on cross-functional processes or project deliverables at a broader level
· Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
· A seasoned wholesale loan operations and functional expert who has worked on various project types within a bank including process improvement, training, operating model, tech architecture.