Join a team of brilliant engineers developing the next generation of networked software-defined radio systems to support super-precise network time distribution capabilities. We are seeking a Lab Technician to maintain overall system and individual hardware test configurations. You will help keep the lab operational and assist in assembling new hardware devices. Work may require SMD component rework, precision soldering, and detailed testing to ensure full functionality.
The successful individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to proactively see what needs to be done.
You’ll be paid well, offered great healthcare and stock options, and work in an excellent safe environment. This full-time role works out of our downtown Redwood City office, right off 101 and within minutes walking from the CalTrain and many diverse restaurants.
The Lab Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Configure and support various test configurations defined by the engineering team
· Maintain the test systems
· Update configurations including drivers and software
· Flash-program microcontrollers
· Organize and maintain the lab stock, tools and equipment
· Do mechanical assembly of our products
· Rework on surface mount PCBs
· Assemble cables
· At least ten years experience as a technician in an R&D environment
· Equipment knowledge includes: DMM, Power Supplies, Scope, VNA, Noise Figure System, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
· Competent in use and operation of Windows PC OS, Microsoft Office, Google docs, etc. (includes updating the BIOS and drivers on a Windows PC)
· Skilled at SMT assembly and rework including high lead density components
· Knowledge of how to use wire crimper
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· RF experience
· Linux experience
· Automated Test Programming
· Bash or Python scripting