This is a remote, grant-funded position for 24 months, with the possibility of an extension.
Be a self-starter and able to work in close collaboration with internal colleagues and a virtual community. This role will work closely with our ops team and community engineering partners to add new features, improve existing code and troubleshoot issues in the SimplyE mobile app. Our goals are to build a great eBook reading and audio-book listening experience while simultaneously contributing to a vibrant open-source community to ensure long-term access and sustainability
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with iOS development (e.g. Swift, Objective-C, et cetera)
- Experience designing concurrent, performance-sensitive applications
- Strong command of Git or a similar DVCS
- Familiarity with test-driven development and software testing
- Proven ability to interact with other developers and business teams
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical documentation
- Self-starter that excels in time management, organization, and prioritization
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Code from a previous project that we can see
- At least one mobile application in the App Store
- Experience writing specifications for client-server protocols
- Working knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with accessibility in mobile apps
- Experience working on a remote team
- Experience contributing to an open-source project
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!