The Senior Corporate Buyer will be responsible for the establishment of strategic sourcing initiatives, execution for assigned commodities, and work as a liaison between vendors, plants and our parent company.
Key aspects of the position will be domestic and global sourcing, standardization, vendor and cost management, improved quality performance, and reduced total cost of purchased components. The position involves cross-functional teaming with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Operations, Finance, and business unit divisions of our patent company.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the parent company sourcing group to support negotiations for assigned commodities.
- Accurately maintain SCM related information (quote files, L/T, contracts, etc.) and set up standard costs for all items identified within assigned commodities.
- Coordinate the strategic planning, budgeting and execution of supply chain projects for assigned commodities.
- Source products domestically and globally.
- Monitors markets for trends in pricing, new products, and new vendors to drive operational costs.
- Prepares and present monthly and annual reports for management.
- Participate in the establishment of annual strategic sourcing plans.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Manufacturing Operations departments to facilitate the necessary information flow required to drive strategic projects forward.
- Engage with suppliers on a frequent basis regarding KPIs for OTD, Quality and Cost.
- Prepare and release RFQ package, review and negotiate the proposal, release and follow up POs as needed.
- Support onboarding and lead training of Purchasing team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Management; a minor in Finance a plus.
- APICS certification and CPM certification desirable.
- 3-5 years of progressive purchasing experience with one to three years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing setting. Metal purchasing experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one to years of aptitude with purchasing and business analytics including advanced Excel proficiency.
- Strong MS Office computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong negotiation skills with all levels of management.
- Travel up to 10% domestic.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!