This individual will be responsible for the development of microprocessor based embedded systems and advanced designs for high-speed digital circuits, power supplies, and analog circuitry for the embedded systems. The individual will be a member of the Power Electronics (PE) Center of Excellence (CoE) team in Raleigh, NC.
Our company's PE (CoE) accelerates the company’s growth through the development of power electronics technology platforms and common hardware building blocks that are scalable, cost-effective, and manufacturable as well as standardized design methodologies that can be adopted by multiple business units, which provides a foundation for our business to more rapidly develop innovative products.
Making what matters work at our company takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Leads the microprocessor based embedded system development activities and demonstrates start-finish ownership for the assigned projects and tasks.
- Performs design, modeling, simulation and implementation of analog and high-speed digital circuits including micro-processors, DSP’s, FPGA’s, sensor interfaces, and SMPS for the embedded systems
- Builds and performs characterizing and testing high-speed digital and mixed-signal circuits
- Analyzes data to improve and optimize the designs.
- Develops the technical requirements for and identify components for the designs.
- Creates technical reports and presentations.
- Generates necessary documentation (e.g. schematics, layouts, drawings, BOMs, etc.)
- Collaborates with mechanical, thermal, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the microprocessor based embedded systems
- Evaluates the designs to meet requirements factoring in performance, size, cost, manufacturability, and reliability.
- Stays current with the latest electronics circuit technologies and applies.
- Mentors, assigns tasks and determines priority for project team members as needed
- Interfaces with Business Unit (BU) engineers and Corporate Research and Technology (CRT) scientists.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 8 years of related engineering experience in development of microprocessor based embedded systems, advanced designs for high-speed digital circuits, power supplies and analog circuitry.
- Experience in modeling and analysis of high-speed digital and analog circuits using mathematical and circuit simulations tools
- Hands-on experience in characterizing and testing high-speed digital and mixed-signal circuits using laboratory equipment
- Experience bringing designs with challenging SI, PI, EMI, and thermal constraints to market
- Experience with solving EMC emissions and immunity problems
- Experience in PCB layout and PCB assembly process
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- RF and antenna expertise
- Experience in designing electronics with thermal and reliability consideration (e.g. electronic simulation for DfR and DfM or worst-case analysis)
- Experience with Ansys Sherlock reliability physics-based electronics simulation
- Knowledge of EMC standards
- Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Customer focused with good relationship building skills
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
- Desire for innovation, new product development and program management
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!