The primary role of this position is to provide Optical Systems Engineering expertise to space-based programs.
The Optical Systems Engineer will be part of a highly skilled multi-expertise technical team. The position provides critical support to our Fort Wayne team and on-site support to high-technology American and Canadian suppliers.
This position will provide key engineering products, such as:
- Perform and coordinate system-level Optical hardware and process trades with Supplier teams to arrive at mutually agreeable spec-compliant solutions to technical problems.
- Definition, Design, Development and Performance Verification of Refractive/Reflective Telescopes, Optical Coatings, Detectors, Processes, and Components resulting in Delivery of Quality Products meeting our Customer’s Requirements
- Optical budgets and sensitivities including wave-front error, MTF, line of sight, stray-light, SNR, SWAP, glint, spectral tuning/splitting, polarization, phase retrieval, image simulation, and radiometric calculations.
- Creating and Managing Optical and Radiometric requirements and specifications for systems, assemblies, and components.
- Hands-on test/review of data, materials and components to verify compliance to specifications
- Bachelors degree in Optics, Systems Engineering, Physics, or related field with 9 years of HW design experience, OR, a Masters in Optics, Systems Engineering, Physics, or related field with 7 years of design experience
- Experience of Zemax, Code V, FRED, and DOORS
- Experience in Systems requirements management (ex. performance verification, requirements allocation) for LEO/GEO environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to mentor junior level optical engineers focused on technical/cost/schedule optimization
- Familiarity with ASAP and MatLab
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to vendor or customer sites
- DoD Secret Clearance preferred
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!